Wishes for Olivia is seeking to fill the following positions:
Silent Auction Solicitation Specialist
Posting Date: September 9th 2016
Start Date: Immediate
End Date: April 2017
Wishes for Olivia, a not-for-profit organization that raises money for Make-A-Wish Foundation of Canada, is currently seeking a Silent Auction Solicitation Specialist.
The perfect candidate will be social, outgoing, energetic, and well-spoken, and bring a wealth of humour and attention-to-detail to this vital role. Using your sales skills, you will be responsible for researching and contacting companies by phone, by email, and in person that may be interested in donating silent auction or raffle items to The Princess Ball.
- Carefully research what organizations may be interested in donating to The Princess Ball.
- Determine the appropriate person to approach and find contact information.
Solicitation and Sales
- Using templates, develop customized solicitation phone script, email, or letter for each company contacted.
- Engage with a wide variety of potential donors by phone, by email, and in person.
- Plan for follow-up, and track interactions, including successful solicitations.
- Keep careful records of progress in Google Docs.
- Manage and adjust solicitations depending on how many items in each category are donated.
- Experience in sales, marketing, or event coordination
- Attention to detail and follow through with high level of accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, evaluate, and coordinate multiple projects
- Accurate data entry, production of reports and lists
- Basic office software: word, excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to make decisions when necessary and in other cases make recommendations
- Time management skills
- Large network of corporate contacts is a great asset
This is a volunteer position. A letter of recommendation from Wishes for Olivia will be provided upon the successful completion of your responsibilities.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter explaining why you would be the perfect fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.